Republican stars and up-and-comers may have the Tampa stage, but convention delegates can draw just as much attention with their wildly flamboyant hats. While it's unclear when the tradition of wearing decorated hats began, the accessories have become increasingly more elaborate over time. Here, a look at some of this year's most eye-catching hats, including this Kansas delegate's.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- How computers will replace your doctor
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week