Republican stars and up-and-comers may have the Tampa stage, but convention delegates can draw just as much attention with their wildly flamboyant hats. While it's unclear when the tradition of wearing decorated hats began, the accessories have become increasingly more elaborate over time. Here, a look at some of this year's most eye-catching hats, including this Kansas delegate's.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week