Republican stars and up-and-comers may have the Tampa stage, but convention delegates can draw just as much attention with their wildly flamboyant hats. While it's unclear when the tradition of wearing decorated hats began, the accessories have become increasingly more elaborate over time. Here, a look at some of this year's most eye-catching hats, including this Kansas delegate's.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week