The fall season unofficially kicks off on Sept. 11 with NBC's The New Normal, a sitcom about a gay couple (Justin Bartha and Andrew Rannells) who hire a surrogate to have their baby. The series has drawn attention for its politics, but its quality may be what sets it apart. "We haven't been this desperate to join a family since Modern Family premiered," crows E! Online. Click through for more buzzy new offerings...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week