On Thursday, the final day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Mitt Romney formally accepted the GOP's presidential nomination, in a speech that received mixed reviews. Romney's big night, however, was nearly derailed by Clint Eastwood, whose bizarre turn on the stage, which featured an empty chair and an imaginary conversation with President Obama, became the talk of the town.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why I choose not to be rich
- What if The Purge was real?
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week