n Thursday, the final day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Mitt Romney formally accepted the GOP's presidential nomination, in a speech that received mixed reviews. Romney's big night, however, was nearly derailed by Clint Eastwood, whose bizarre turn on the stage, which featured an empty chair and an imaginary conversation with President Obama, became the talk of the town.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week