On Thursday, the final day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Mitt Romney formally accepted the GOP's presidential nomination, in a speech that received mixed reviews. Romney's big night, however, was nearly derailed by Clint Eastwood, whose bizarre turn on the stage, which featured an empty chair and an imaginary conversation with President Obama, became the talk of the town.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- The militarization of America’s police
Subscribe to the Week