On Thursday, the final day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Mitt Romney formally accepted the GOP's presidential nomination, in a speech that received mixed reviews. Romney's big night, however, was nearly derailed by Clint Eastwood, whose bizarre turn on the stage, which featured an empty chair and an imaginary conversation with President Obama, became the talk of the town.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How to be a moral internet citizen on the often-immoral internet
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week