n Thursday, the final day of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., Mitt Romney formally accepted the GOP's presidential nomination, in a speech that received mixed reviews. Romney's big night, however, was nearly derailed by Clint Eastwood, whose bizarre turn on the stage, which featured an empty chair and an imaginary conversation with President Obama, became the talk of the town.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week