Paralympians push their bodies to the limit competing for gold in sports like swimming, soccer, and fencing. But they do so without sight or a full range of motion or, in the case of British swimmer Charlotte Henshaw (pictured), legs. Before the games close on Sunday, Sept. 9, take a look at some of the most inspiring action shots from this year's Paralympic Games in London.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
Subscribe to the Week