Paralympians push their bodies to the limit competing for gold in sports like swimming, soccer, and fencing. But they do so without sight or a full range of motion or, in the case of British swimmer Charlotte Henshaw (pictured), legs. Before the games close on Sunday, Sept. 9, take a look at some of the most inspiring action shots from this year's Paralympic Games in London.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week