Paralympians push their bodies to the limit competing for gold in sports like swimming, soccer, and fencing. But they do so without sight or a full range of motion or, in the case of British swimmer Charlotte Henshaw (pictured), legs. Before the games close on Sunday, Sept. 9, take a look at some of the most inspiring action shots from this year's Paralympic Games in London.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week