mother, daughter, and table ride a motor scooter to Nangang Primary School in rural China. Out of the 5,000 students who live in this rural township, about 3,000 had to bring their own desks and chairs to school. Click through for a look at more of the week's most engaging photos from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Art is not a justification for discrimination
Subscribe to the Week