n Thursday, the final day of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., President Obama accepted his party's nomination for a second term. His highly anticipated speech received mixed reviews, with some arguing that he failed to articulate a clear vision for another four years. Still, the convention was largely a success, with the party faithful showing a surge of enthusiasm for their candidate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week