iven that a third of your life is spent sleeping, it's arguably justifiable to invest in a deluxe bed. This custom-made headboard by Acrylic Tank Manufacturing, for example, literally captures a tropical seascape. Fork over $11,500, and rest your weary head under a 650-gallon tank that sits atop matching bedside tables (reading lamps included). Sleeping with the fishes not your thing? Here are six more opulent bedtime options:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week