Trenton, N.J., Mayor Tony Mack was hauled away by federal agents on Sept. 10 amid allegations that he took bribes in connection with a proposed parking garage — a fake project created by authorities trying to snare him. But the 46-year-old Democrat isn't the first leader of a major American city to have a brush with the law. Here are 7 former mayors with criminal records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The dangers of our passionless American life
Subscribe to the Week