renton, N.J., Mayor Tony Mack was hauled away by federal agents on Sept. 10 amid allegations that he took bribes in connection with a proposed parking garage — a fake project created by authorities trying to snare him. But the 46-year-old Democrat isn't the first leader of a major American city to have a brush with the law. Here are 7 former mayors with criminal records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week