Trenton, N.J., Mayor Tony Mack was hauled away by federal agents on Sept. 10 amid allegations that he took bribes in connection with a proposed parking garage — a fake project created by authorities trying to snare him. But the 46-year-old Democrat isn't the first leader of a major American city to have a brush with the law. Here are 7 former mayors with criminal records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The week's best photojournalism
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week