renton, N.J., Mayor Tony Mack was hauled away by federal agents on Sept. 10 amid allegations that he took bribes in connection with a proposed parking garage — a fake project created by authorities trying to snare him. But the 46-year-old Democrat isn't the first leader of a major American city to have a brush with the law. Here are 7 former mayors with criminal records.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
- The secrets of happy families
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Battle in a blizzard
Subscribe to the Week