U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, a veteran diplomat, was killed when protesters overran the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. While much of the mob was enraged by an anti-Muslim video circulating on the internet, U.S. and Libyan officials now believe that hardcore militants may have used the spontaneous riots as a cover to attack the consulate, possibly to coincide with the 11th anniversary of 9/11.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week