U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, a veteran diplomat, was killed when protesters overran the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. While much of the mob was enraged by an anti-Muslim video circulating on the internet, U.S. and Libyan officials now believe that hardcore militants may have used the spontaneous riots as a cover to attack the consulate, possibly to coincide with the 11th anniversary of 9/11.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week