.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, a veteran diplomat, was killed when protesters overran the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. While much of the mob was enraged by an anti-Muslim video circulating on the internet, U.S. and Libyan officials now believe that hardcore militants may have used the spontaneous riots as a cover to attack the consulate, possibly to coincide with the 11th anniversary of 9/11.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week