t turns out the Jersey Shore's pint-size guidette is good for something. A proposed New Jersey law — inspired by Snooki and her tanned brood from MTV — aims to protect towns from the perils of playing host to a reality TV show. Snooki isn't the first celebrity to inspire changes in local judicial systems. Here, a look at seven stars who have had an impact on the inner workings of government.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week