It turns out the Jersey Shore's pint-size guidette is good for something. A proposed New Jersey law — inspired by Snooki and her tanned brood from MTV — aims to protect towns from the perils of playing host to a reality TV show. Snooki isn't the first celebrity to inspire changes in local judicial systems. Here, a look at seven stars who have had an impact on the inner workings of government.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week