It turns out the Jersey Shore's pint-size guidette is good for something. A proposed New Jersey law — inspired by Snooki and her tanned brood from MTV — aims to protect towns from the perils of playing host to a reality TV show. Snooki isn't the first celebrity to inspire changes in local judicial systems. Here, a look at seven stars who have had an impact on the inner workings of government.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week