t turns out the Jersey Shore's pint-size guidette is good for something. A proposed New Jersey law — inspired by Snooki and her tanned brood from MTV — aims to protect towns from the perils of playing host to a reality TV show. Snooki isn't the first celebrity to inspire changes in local judicial systems. Here, a look at seven stars who have had an impact on the inner workings of government.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week