ex sells. And with many magazines struggling to compete with digital demands, some publishers have become more reliant on risqué cover art that might garner buzz and buyers. The latest subversive attempt comes from Conde Nast's Vogue Hommes International, which features model Stephanie Seymour being choked and fondled by a rapturous Marlon Teixeira. Not scandalous enough? Here are eight more:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How to flirt, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- This Japanese toilet should make Americans very worried
Subscribe to the Week