ex sells. And with many magazines struggling to compete with digital demands, some publishers have become more reliant on risqué cover art that might garner buzz and buyers. The latest subversive attempt comes from Conde Nast's Vogue Hommes International, which features model Stephanie Seymour being choked and fondled by a rapturous Marlon Teixeira. Not scandalous enough? Here are eight more:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week