Sex sells. And with many magazines struggling to compete with digital demands, some publishers have become more reliant on risqué cover art that might garner buzz and buyers. The latest subversive attempt comes from Conde Nast's Vogue Hommes International, which features model Stephanie Seymour being choked and fondled by a rapturous Marlon Teixeira. Not scandalous enough? Here are eight more:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week