Mitt Romney suffered yet another self-inflicted wound this week, when a secret video surfaced showing him describing the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "dependent on government" and unwilling to "take personal responsibility" for their lives. Romney received criticism from across the political spectrum, as well as plenty of advice on how to right his flailing campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week