Mitt Romney suffered yet another self-inflicted wound this week, when a secret video surfaced showing him describing the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "dependent on government" and unwilling to "take personal responsibility" for their lives. Romney received criticism from across the political spectrum, as well as plenty of advice on how to right his flailing campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week