Mitt Romney suffered yet another self-inflicted wound this week, when a secret video surfaced showing him describing the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "dependent on government" and unwilling to "take personal responsibility" for their lives. Romney received criticism from across the political spectrum, as well as plenty of advice on how to right his flailing campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week