Mitt Romney suffered yet another self-inflicted wound this week, when a secret video surfaced showing him describing the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "dependent on government" and unwilling to "take personal responsibility" for their lives. Romney received criticism from across the political spectrum, as well as plenty of advice on how to right his flailing campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The next pandemic
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week