Mitt Romney suffered yet another self-inflicted wound this week, when a secret video surfaced showing him describing the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "dependent on government" and unwilling to "take personal responsibility" for their lives. Romney received criticism from across the political spectrum, as well as plenty of advice on how to right his flailing campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week