n Indian devotee carries the head of the Hindu god Ganesh, the deity of prosperity, after immersing it in the Bay of Bengal during the 10-day Ganesh Chaturthi festival in the southern Indian city of Chennai. The dip in the sea symbolizes a ritual seeing-off of Ganesh's journey home, taking with him the misfortunes of mankind.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
Subscribe to the Week