his week, a flurry of polls showed President Obama opening up substantial leads in the crucial battleground states of Ohio and Florida, making it a very real possibility that Obama could win the election in a landslide. In other good news for the president, the government reported that the economy added 386,000 more jobs than previously reported, enabling Obama to claim that he has won back every job lost during his first term.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week