This week, a flurry of polls showed President Obama opening up substantial leads in the crucial battleground states of Ohio and Florida, making it a very real possibility that Obama could win the election in a landslide. In other good news for the president, the government reported that the economy added 386,000 more jobs than previously reported, enabling Obama to claim that he has won back every job lost during his first term.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week