This week, a flurry of polls showed President Obama opening up substantial leads in the crucial battleground states of Ohio and Florida, making it a very real possibility that Obama could win the election in a landslide. In other good news for the president, the government reported that the economy added 386,000 more jobs than previously reported, enabling Obama to claim that he has won back every job lost during his first term.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
Subscribe to the Week