This week, a flurry of polls showed President Obama opening up substantial leads in the crucial battleground states of Ohio and Florida, making it a very real possibility that Obama could win the election in a landslide. In other good news for the president, the government reported that the economy added 386,000 more jobs than previously reported, enabling Obama to claim that he has won back every job lost during his first term.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week