This week, a flurry of polls showed President Obama opening up substantial leads in the crucial battleground states of Ohio and Florida, making it a very real possibility that Obama could win the election in a landslide. In other good news for the president, the government reported that the economy added 386,000 more jobs than previously reported, enabling Obama to claim that he has won back every job lost during his first term.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week