ew jobs are more thankless than hosting the Oscars — just ask David Letterman — but Hollywood's best, brightest, and most masochistic continue to try. On Monday, the Academy announced that Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane will brave the job next February 24. Our advice: Scrutinize the 84 previous Academy Awards telecasts for helpful tips. Here, 9 lessons from the best hosts in Oscar history:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week