For the 13th year in a row, Coca-Cola earned the top spot in consulting company Interbrand's Best Global Brands list, fighting off tech behemoths Apple (2), IBM (3), Google (4), and Microsoft (5). Interbrand ranks what it deems to be the 100 best brands based on financial performance, influence over customer choice, and ability to boost earnings. Here, a look at eight more superlative winners and losers from the annual list.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The best books we read in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week