For the 13th year in a row, Coca-Cola earned the top spot in consulting company Interbrand's Best Global Brands list, fighting off tech behemoths Apple (2), IBM (3), Google (4), and Microsoft (5). Interbrand ranks what it deems to be the 100 best brands based on financial performance, influence over customer choice, and ability to boost earnings. Here, a look at eight more superlative winners and losers from the annual list.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week