For the 13th year in a row, Coca-Cola earned the top spot in consulting company Interbrand's Best Global Brands list, fighting off tech behemoths Apple (2), IBM (3), Google (4), and Microsoft (5). Interbrand ranks what it deems to be the 100 best brands based on financial performance, influence over customer choice, and ability to boost earnings. Here, a look at eight more superlative winners and losers from the annual list.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week