For the 13th year in a row, Coca-Cola earned the top spot in consulting company Interbrand's Best Global Brands list, fighting off tech behemoths Apple (2), IBM (3), Google (4), and Microsoft (5). Interbrand ranks what it deems to be the 100 best brands based on financial performance, influence over customer choice, and ability to boost earnings. Here, a look at eight more superlative winners and losers from the annual list.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week