For the 13th year in a row, Coca-Cola earned the top spot in consulting company Interbrand's Best Global Brands list, fighting off tech behemoths Apple (2), IBM (3), Google (4), and Microsoft (5). Interbrand ranks what it deems to be the 100 best brands based on financial performance, influence over customer choice, and ability to boost earnings. Here, a look at eight more superlative winners and losers from the annual list.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week