Dust off your tuxedos and get your martini shakers ready, 007 fans: The film franchise is turning 50. It's been a busy half-century for the superspy, who has been played by six different actors in no less than 22 films — with a 23rd, titled Skyfall, set for release on Nov. 9. With so many choices, who is the best James Bond? Here, critics make the case for six actors who gave us five decades of 007:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week