Mitt Romney regained much-needed momentum with a resounding debate win, outshining a lackluster President Obama. Romney steamrolled moderator Jim Lehrer to get in his well-rehearsed zingers. After the clash, Obama launched the post-debate spin war by accusing Romney of bending the truth and forsaking conservative stands on taxes and health-care to remake himself as a swing-voter-friendly moderate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week