Mitt Romney regained much-needed momentum with a resounding debate win, outshining a lackluster President Obama. Romney steamrolled moderator Jim Lehrer to get in his well-rehearsed zingers. After the clash, Obama launched the post-debate spin war by accusing Romney of bending the truth and forsaking conservative stands on taxes and health-care to remake himself as a swing-voter-friendly moderate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Don't hate the 'poor door'
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week