Mitt Romney regained much-needed momentum with a resounding debate win, outshining a lackluster President Obama. Romney steamrolled moderator Jim Lehrer to get in his well-rehearsed zingers. After the clash, Obama launched the post-debate spin war by accusing Romney of bending the truth and forsaking conservative stands on taxes and health-care to remake himself as a swing-voter-friendly moderate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week