itt Romney regained much-needed momentum with a resounding debate win, outshining a lackluster President Obama. Romney steamrolled moderator Jim Lehrer to get in his well-rehearsed zingers. After the clash, Obama launched the post-debate spin war by accusing Romney of bending the truth and forsaking conservative stands on taxes and health-care to remake himself as a swing-voter-friendly moderate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
Subscribe to the Week