Mitt Romney regained much-needed momentum with a resounding debate win, outshining a lackluster President Obama. Romney steamrolled moderator Jim Lehrer to get in his well-rehearsed zingers. After the clash, Obama launched the post-debate spin war by accusing Romney of bending the truth and forsaking conservative stands on taxes and health-care to remake himself as a swing-voter-friendly moderate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week