Young women celebrating Halloween by dressing up in very little — it's a confoundingly persistent trend. And retailers aren't helping any by offering a full range of inexplicably sexy ensembles, from the classic (Minnie Mouse) to the topical ("Sexy Big Bird"). The latter costume actually existed before the debate meme, but has since benefited from a 500 percent increase in sales. Here, nine more needlessly sexy costumes:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week