Young women celebrating Halloween by dressing up in very little — it's a confoundingly persistent trend. And retailers aren't helping any by offering a full range of inexplicably sexy ensembles, from the classic (Minnie Mouse) to the topical ("Sexy Big Bird"). The latter costume actually existed before the debate meme, but has since benefited from a 500 percent increase in sales. Here, nine more needlessly sexy costumes:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week