oung women celebrating Halloween by dressing up in very little — it's a confoundingly persistent trend. And retailers aren't helping any by offering a full range of inexplicably sexy ensembles, from the classic (Minnie Mouse) to the topical ("Sexy Big Bird"). The latter costume actually existed before the debate meme, but has since benefited from a 500 percent increase in sales. Here, nine more needlessly sexy costumes:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The case for killing law school
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week