child leaps onto waste products that are used to make poultry feed at a tannery in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Luxury leather goods sold across the world are produced in a slum here, where workers, including children, are reportedly exposed to hazardous chemicals and often injured in horrific accidents. Click through for a look at more of the week's most captivating images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week