A child leaps onto waste products that are used to make poultry feed at a tannery in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Luxury leather goods sold across the world are produced in a slum here, where workers, including children, are reportedly exposed to hazardous chemicals and often injured in horrific accidents. Click through for a look at more of the week's most captivating images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week