A child leaps onto waste products that are used to make poultry feed at a tannery in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Luxury leather goods sold across the world are produced in a slum here, where workers, including children, are reportedly exposed to hazardous chemicals and often injured in horrific accidents. Click through for a look at more of the week's most captivating images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week