After Mitt Romney handily defeated President Obama in the first of their debates, Vice President Joe Biden was under pressure to bring his A-game in his sole face-off with Paul Ryan. Biden didn't disappoint, attacking, laughing, and gesticulating his way to a dominant performance. However, some said the veteran Democrat went over the line with his antics, undermining his arguments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week