After Mitt Romney handily defeated President Obama in the first of their debates, Vice President Joe Biden was under pressure to bring his A-game in his sole face-off with Paul Ryan. Biden didn't disappoint, attacking, laughing, and gesticulating his way to a dominant performance. However, some said the veteran Democrat went over the line with his antics, undermining his arguments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week