After Mitt Romney handily defeated President Obama in the first of their debates, Vice President Joe Biden was under pressure to bring his A-game in his sole face-off with Paul Ryan. Biden didn't disappoint, attacking, laughing, and gesticulating his way to a dominant performance. However, some said the veteran Democrat went over the line with his antics, undermining his arguments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I choose not to be rich
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- What if The Purge was real?
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week