ews that Beyonce is headlining the Super Bowl XLVII halftime show on Feb. 3 in New Orleans wasn't even official before fans uniformly heralded the selection of the "Single Ladies" diva. "Perfect choice," gushed Rickey.org. "So excited for this." Super Bowl halftime is a coveted gig for musicians, but it also sets them up for harsh critiques. Indeed, many stars first lauded as perfect are later pilloried as the "worst ever." A look back at other "perfect" picks:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week