swarm of sail boats gather at the start of the Barcolana regatta in front of Trieste Harbor in northern Italy. The annual regatta is one of the largest sailing races in the world, with more than 1,500 participants. Click through for a look at more of the week's most remarkable images from around the globe.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
Subscribe to the Week