President Obama put in a feisty appearance at the second presidential debate, somewhat making up for a sleepy performance at the first debate. Obama was generally deemed to be the winner, though Mitt Romney held his own, even if he was tripped up by a fact-check on the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. The two candidates will face off for a third and final debate on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
Subscribe to the Week