President Obama put in a feisty appearance at the second presidential debate, somewhat making up for a sleepy performance at the first debate. Obama was generally deemed to be the winner, though Mitt Romney held his own, even if he was tripped up by a fact-check on the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. The two candidates will face off for a third and final debate on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
Subscribe to the Week