President Obama put in a feisty appearance at the second presidential debate, somewhat making up for a sleepy performance at the first debate. Obama was generally deemed to be the winner, though Mitt Romney held his own, even if he was tripped up by a fact-check on the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. The two candidates will face off for a third and final debate on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week