President Obama put in a feisty appearance at the second presidential debate, somewhat making up for a sleepy performance at the first debate. Obama was generally deemed to be the winner, though Mitt Romney held his own, even if he was tripped up by a fact-check on the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. The two candidates will face off for a third and final debate on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Why insects are the future of food
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
Subscribe to the Week