President Obama put in a feisty appearance at the second presidential debate, somewhat making up for a sleepy performance at the first debate. Obama was generally deemed to be the winner, though Mitt Romney held his own, even if he was tripped up by a fact-check on the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya. The two candidates will face off for a third and final debate on Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week