On Monday the International Cycling Union officially stripped Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles following the release of a damning report of a drug investigation by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. The 41-year-old cancer survivor is just the latest in a line of top athletes to see their once-sparkling legacies shattered. A look at nine other athletes who fell from grace:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
Subscribe to the Week