On Monday the International Cycling Union officially stripped Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles following the release of a damning report of a drug investigation by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. The 41-year-old cancer survivor is just the latest in a line of top athletes to see their once-sparkling legacies shattered. A look at nine other athletes who fell from grace:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week