On Monday the International Cycling Union officially stripped Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles following the release of a damning report of a drug investigation by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. The 41-year-old cancer survivor is just the latest in a line of top athletes to see their once-sparkling legacies shattered. A look at nine other athletes who fell from grace:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week