reaking up may be hard to do, but for Taylor Swift it's career gold. The superstar's tendency to turn love and its subsequent heartbreak into infectious hits that cross both the pop and country genres is setting the 22-year-old up to be one of the top-selling female artists of all time. Her fourth studio album, Red, released on Oct. 22, is already on a record-breaking track. Here a look at the artists Swift will outsell if Red hits 1 million by week's end.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week