Breaking up may be hard to do, but for Taylor Swift it's career gold. The superstar's tendency to turn love and its subsequent heartbreak into infectious hits that cross both the pop and country genres is setting the 22-year-old up to be one of the top-selling female artists of all time. Her fourth studio album, Red, released on Oct. 22, is already on a record-breaking track. Here a look at the artists Swift will outsell if Red hits 1 million by week's end.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- How America's broken immigration system is failing the military
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week