Breaking up may be hard to do, but for Taylor Swift it's career gold. The superstar's tendency to turn love and its subsequent heartbreak into infectious hits that cross both the pop and country genres is setting the 22-year-old up to be one of the top-selling female artists of all time. Her fourth studio album, Red, released on Oct. 22, is already on a record-breaking track. Here a look at the artists Swift will outsell if Red hits 1 million by week's end.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week