Breaking up may be hard to do, but for Taylor Swift it's career gold. The superstar's tendency to turn love and its subsequent heartbreak into infectious hits that cross both the pop and country genres is setting the 22-year-old up to be one of the top-selling female artists of all time. Her fourth studio album, Red, released on Oct. 22, is already on a record-breaking track. Here a look at the artists Swift will outsell if Red hits 1 million by week's end.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
Subscribe to the Week