Breaking up may be hard to do, but for Taylor Swift it's career gold. The superstar's tendency to turn love and its subsequent heartbreak into infectious hits that cross both the pop and country genres is setting the 22-year-old up to be one of the top-selling female artists of all time. Her fourth studio album, Red, released on Oct. 22, is already on a record-breaking track. Here a look at the artists Swift will outsell if Red hits 1 million by week's end.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week