Kim Johnson surveys the destruction left by superstorm Sandy near her seaside apartment in Atlantic City, N.J. The storm left more than 80 people dead and millions without power. Click through for a look at more of the week's most captivating images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week