Hurricane Sandy, which was later downgraded to a superstorm, tore across the mid-Atlantic region early this week, destroying homes, leaving millions without power, and bringing the regional economy to a virtual standstill. The death toll had reached 98 by Thursday, as authorities began what is expected to be a long and painful reconstruction process. Here's how you can help.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week