urricane Sandy, which was later downgraded to a superstorm, tore across the mid-Atlantic region early this week, destroying homes, leaving millions without power, and bringing the regional economy to a virtual standstill. The death toll had reached 98 by Thursday, as authorities began what is expected to be a long and painful reconstruction process. Here's how you can help.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week