Hurricane Sandy, which was later downgraded to a superstorm, tore across the mid-Atlantic region early this week, destroying homes, leaving millions without power, and bringing the regional economy to a virtual standstill. The death toll had reached 98 by Thursday, as authorities began what is expected to be a long and painful reconstruction process. Here's how you can help.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week