Hurricane Sandy, which was later downgraded to a superstorm, tore across the mid-Atlantic region early this week, destroying homes, leaving millions without power, and bringing the regional economy to a virtual standstill. The death toll had reached 98 by Thursday, as authorities began what is expected to be a long and painful reconstruction process. Here's how you can help.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week