Election Day is finally here, and polling places set up in schools, churches, and even laundromats across the 50 states have welcomed voters of all stripes. From California surfers to Sandy victims in New York, let's have a look at Americans exercising their democratic right on Nov. 6.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
Subscribe to the Week