emocrats with renewed hope are partying like it's 2008. As networks began to call the election for the president shortly after 11 pm on Nov. 6, Obama supporters in New York (pictured), Chicago, and across the seas exhibited unbridled joy — celebrating not only Obama's win but the end of a draining, endless presidential race. Here's a look at 9 more purely ecstatic Obama supporters on election night.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week