Democrats with renewed hope are partying like it's 2008. As networks began to call the election for the president shortly after 11 pm on Nov. 6, Obama supporters in New York (pictured), Chicago, and across the seas exhibited unbridled joy — celebrating not only Obama's win but the end of a draining, endless presidential race. Here's a look at 9 more purely ecstatic Obama supporters on election night.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week