Democrats with renewed hope are partying like it's 2008. As networks began to call the election for the president shortly after 11 pm on Nov. 6, Obama supporters in New York (pictured), Chicago, and across the seas exhibited unbridled joy — celebrating not only Obama's win but the end of a draining, endless presidential race. Here's a look at 9 more purely ecstatic Obama supporters on election night.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week