emocrats with renewed hope are partying like it's 2008. As networks began to call the election for the president shortly after 11 pm on Nov. 6, Obama supporters in New York (pictured), Chicago, and across the seas exhibited unbridled joy — celebrating not only Obama's win but the end of a draining, endless presidential race. Here's a look at 9 more purely ecstatic Obama supporters on election night.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week