he U.S. elections weren't just closely watched at home; people all over the world were nervously waiting to see how the candidates would fare. And as news spread that President Obama had secured four more years, his international fans celebrated with flags, paper hats, and even cardboard cutouts of the smiling president, as this group of giddy Indians did in New Delhi. Here are 8 more enthusiastic global reactions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week