The U.S. elections weren't just closely watched at home; people all over the world were nervously waiting to see how the candidates would fare. And as news spread that President Obama had secured four more years, his international fans celebrated with flags, paper hats, and even cardboard cutouts of the smiling president, as this group of giddy Indians did in New Delhi. Here are 8 more enthusiastic global reactions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
Subscribe to the Week