he U.S. elections weren't just closely watched at home; people all over the world were nervously waiting to see how the candidates would fare. And as news spread that President Obama had secured four more years, his international fans celebrated with flags, paper hats, and even cardboard cutouts of the smiling president, as this group of giddy Indians did in New Delhi. Here are 8 more enthusiastic global reactions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week