The U.S. elections weren't just closely watched at home; people all over the world were nervously waiting to see how the candidates would fare. And as news spread that President Obama had secured four more years, his international fans celebrated with flags, paper hats, and even cardboard cutouts of the smiling president, as this group of giddy Indians did in New Delhi. Here are 8 more enthusiastic global reactions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
Subscribe to the Week