The U.S. elections weren't just closely watched at home; people all over the world were nervously waiting to see how the candidates would fare. And as news spread that President Obama had secured four more years, his international fans celebrated with flags, paper hats, and even cardboard cutouts of the smiling president, as this group of giddy Indians did in New Delhi. Here are 8 more enthusiastic global reactions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- Progressives' hot new poverty-fighting idea has just one basic problem: Science
Subscribe to the Week