The U.S. elections weren't just closely watched at home; people all over the world were nervously waiting to see how the candidates would fare. And as news spread that President Obama had secured four more years, his international fans celebrated with flags, paper hats, and even cardboard cutouts of the smiling president, as this group of giddy Indians did in New Delhi. Here are 8 more enthusiastic global reactions.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week