he president cruised to re-election, defeating Mitt Romney 332-206 in the Electoral College. Obama's winning 2008 coalition came through for him again, and his virtual lock on Latino and younger voters suggested that the Democratic Party could win national elections for years to come. However, critics argue that the president, who won just a bit more than 50 percent of the popular vote, had not secured a mandate.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week