ith the unexpected resignation of David Petraeus as director of the CIA, President Obama faces the task of finding a replacement. Petraeus' successor will helm the agency at a time when its role in protecting national security has been significantly enlarged, thanks to the Obama administration's heavy reliance on CIA-operated drones to target suspected terrorist safe havens. Here, a guide to the contenders:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week