ith the unexpected resignation of David Petraeus as director of the CIA, President Obama faces the task of finding a replacement. Petraeus' successor will helm the agency at a time when its role in protecting national security has been significantly enlarged, thanks to the Obama administration's heavy reliance on CIA-operated drones to target suspected terrorist safe havens. Here, a guide to the contenders:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week