Nepalese policemen apply dyed powder and perform rituals on a dog during the Tihar festival — dedicated to the worship of the Goddess of wealth Laxmi — at a police kennel in Kathmandu. Dogs are typically honored during the festival for their role in providing security. Click through for a look at more of the week's most impressive images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- Why I give money to homeless people
- Hillary Clinton may be a bad campaigner. But she'll probably win anyway.
Subscribe to the Week