Nepalese policemen apply dyed powder and perform rituals on a dog during the Tihar festival — dedicated to the worship of the Goddess of wealth Laxmi — at a police kennel in Kathmandu. Dogs are typically honored during the festival for their role in providing security. Click through for a look at more of the week's most impressive images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why are there so few female mass murderers?
Subscribe to the Week