Nepalese policemen apply dyed powder and perform rituals on a dog during the Tihar festival — dedicated to the worship of the Goddess of wealth Laxmi — at a police kennel in Kathmandu. Dogs are typically honored during the festival for their role in providing security. Click through for a look at more of the week's most impressive images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
Subscribe to the Week