Nepalese policemen apply dyed powder and perform rituals on a dog during the Tihar festival — dedicated to the worship of the Goddess of wealth Laxmi — at a police kennel in Kathmandu. Dogs are typically honored during the festival for their role in providing security. Click through for a look at more of the week's most impressive images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week