This week, David Petraeus' Nov. 9 resignation as head of the CIA — and the stunning news that the former general had pursued an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell — reverberated throughout Washington, D.C. The tangled, tabloid-friendly story dominated headlines, raised questions about the future of the CIA, and threatened to tarnish Petraeus' legacy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Sex can't explain the culture war
Subscribe to the Week