his week, David Petraeus' Nov. 9 resignation as head of the CIA — and the stunning news that the former general had pursued an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell — reverberated throughout Washington, D.C. The tangled, tabloid-friendly story dominated headlines, raised questions about the future of the CIA, and threatened to tarnish Petraeus' legacy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Obama's next steps on immigration
Subscribe to the Week