his week, David Petraeus' Nov. 9 resignation as head of the CIA — and the stunning news that the former general had pursued an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell — reverberated throughout Washington, D.C. The tangled, tabloid-friendly story dominated headlines, raised questions about the future of the CIA, and threatened to tarnish Petraeus' legacy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week