he American Music Awards celebrated its 40th anniversary Sunday with a rather colorful telecast that brought together the country's most popular musicians, singers, and songwriters. In one of the night's biggest (and most awkward) moments, Jenny McCarthy accosted winner Justin Bieber with kisses. Here, a look back at 11 more iconic snapshots from the AMA archives:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week