The American Music Awards celebrated its 40th anniversary Sunday with a rather colorful telecast that brought together the country's most popular musicians, singers, and songwriters. In one of the night's biggest (and most awkward) moments, Jenny McCarthy accosted winner Justin Bieber with kisses. Here, a look back at 11 more iconic snapshots from the AMA archives:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week