The American Music Awards celebrated its 40th anniversary Sunday with a rather colorful telecast that brought together the country's most popular musicians, singers, and songwriters. In one of the night's biggest (and most awkward) moments, Jenny McCarthy accosted winner Justin Bieber with kisses. Here, a look back at 11 more iconic snapshots from the AMA archives:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week