omehow the pet industry manages to sell $55 billion a year worth of products, despite the fact that it shills things like dog panties. The specialized short shorts — which come in cummerbund, panty, and thong styles — claim to help protect homes from the young and the incontinent, prevent unwanted pregnancies, and, of course, project a sassy sensibility. A look at eight more frivolous pet products:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week