Somehow the pet industry manages to sell $55 billion a year worth of products, despite the fact that it shills things like dog panties. The specialized short shorts — which come in cummerbund, panty, and thong styles — claim to help protect homes from the young and the incontinent, prevent unwanted pregnancies, and, of course, project a sassy sensibility. A look at eight more frivolous pet products:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
Subscribe to the Week