ow, did US Weekly nail it or what? The magazine's Dec. 3 cover story boasts "A Baby for Christmas!" just as St. James Place confirms that Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are indeed expecting their first child. But far from being prophetic, tabloid covers over the past 18 months have woven an almost comically dramatic tale of the couple's supposed road to parenthood. Here, a look back at nine of the more egregious efforts:
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The secrets of happy families
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week