Wow, did US Weekly nail it or what? The magazine's Dec. 3 cover story boasts "A Baby for Christmas!" just as St. James Place confirms that Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are indeed expecting their first child. But far from being prophetic, tabloid covers over the past 18 months have woven an almost comically dramatic tale of the couple's supposed road to parenthood. Here, a look back at nine of the more egregious efforts:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week