Wow, did US Weekly nail it or what? The magazine's Dec. 3 cover story boasts "A Baby for Christmas!" just as St. James Place confirms that Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are indeed expecting their first child. But far from being prophetic, tabloid covers over the past 18 months have woven an almost comically dramatic tale of the couple's supposed road to parenthood. Here, a look back at nine of the more egregious efforts:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week