Wow, did US Weekly nail it or what? The magazine's Dec. 3 cover story boasts "A Baby for Christmas!" just as St. James Place confirms that Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton are indeed expecting their first child. But far from being prophetic, tabloid covers over the past 18 months have woven an almost comically dramatic tale of the couple's supposed road to parenthood. Here, a look back at nine of the more egregious efforts:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week