gyptian protesters took to the streets in response to a power grab by President Mohamed Morsi, raising concerns that the country's fledgling democracy could be on the brink of collapse. Among other issues, Morsi is forging ahead with a referendum on a new constitution drafted by his Islamist allies, prompting accusations that Morsi is trying to turn Egypt into an autocratic theocracy.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- The secrets of happy families
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Why America's new love affair with saving is not great economic news
- Why you shouldn't expect a Tea Party primary wave in 2014
Subscribe to the Week