A boy prepares to snorkel in front of the wreckage of the capsized cruise liner Costa Concordia. The Italian cruise ship was carrying more than 4,000 passengers when it ran aground and capsized near the Tuscan coast. Thirty-two people were lost in the tragic accident on January 13. Click through for a look at more of the year's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week