A boy prepares to snorkel in front of the wreckage of the capsized cruise liner Costa Concordia. The Italian cruise ship was carrying more than 4,000 passengers when it ran aground and capsized near the Tuscan coast. Thirty-two people were lost in the tragic accident on January 13. Click through for a look at more of the year's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week