A boy prepares to snorkel in front of the wreckage of the capsized cruise liner Costa Concordia. The Italian cruise ship was carrying more than 4,000 passengers when it ran aground and capsized near the Tuscan coast. Thirty-two people were lost in the tragic accident on January 13. Click through for a look at more of the year's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week