A boy prepares to snorkel in front of the wreckage of the capsized cruise liner Costa Concordia. The Italian cruise ship was carrying more than 4,000 passengers when it ran aground and capsized near the Tuscan coast. Thirty-two people were lost in the tragic accident on January 13. Click through for a look at more of the year's most eye-catching images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week