Chinese model Fei Fei Sun made history this week as the first Asian model to appear alone on the cover of Vogue Italia. French Vogue reportedly featured a solo Du Juan in 2011, though no British or American Vogue has broken this curious race barrier. Click through for more belatedly diverse Vogue covers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week