Bell towers, also known as "belfry," were traditionally built as a way to signify time. The bells would ring to call people to church for worship or warn people of dangers, like fires. Bell towers still exist today, like in this four-bedroom Spanish Colonial Revival–style home, in Osprey, Fla. Click through for a look at more homes with this unique architectural addition. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week