ell towers, also known as "belfry," were traditionally built as a way to signify time. The bells would ring to call people to church for worship or warn people of dangers, like fires. Bell towers still exist today, like in this four-bedroom Spanish Colonial Revival–style home, in Osprey, Fla. Click through for a look at more homes with this unique architectural addition. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week