Bell towers, also known as "belfry," were traditionally built as a way to signify time. The bells would ring to call people to church for worship or warn people of dangers, like fires. Bell towers still exist today, like in this four-bedroom Spanish Colonial Revival–style home, in Osprey, Fla. Click through for a look at more homes with this unique architectural addition. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- My life as a bartender
Subscribe to the Week