Bell towers, also known as "belfry," were traditionally built as a way to signify time. The bells would ring to call people to church for worship or warn people of dangers, like fires. Bell towers still exist today, like in this four-bedroom Spanish Colonial Revival–style home, in Osprey, Fla. Click through for a look at more homes with this unique architectural addition. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week