irls from the Pontevra Bagpipe Band wait calmly before the unveiling of the route for Spain's cycling classic La Vuelta. The race, which will span 3,319 miles, will start on Aug. 24 in Vilanova de Arousa, Pontevedra, and will finish Sept. 15 in Madrid. Click through for a look at more of the week's most curious images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week