Girls from the Pontevra Bagpipe Band wait calmly before the unveiling of the route for Spain's cycling classic La Vuelta. The race, which will span 3,319 miles, will start on Aug. 24 in Vilanova de Arousa, Pontevedra, and will finish Sept. 15 in Madrid. Click through for a look at more of the week's most curious images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to buy an engagement ring — a man's guide
Subscribe to the Week