Girls from the Pontevra Bagpipe Band wait calmly before the unveiling of the route for Spain's cycling classic La Vuelta. The race, which will span 3,319 miles, will start on Aug. 24 in Vilanova de Arousa, Pontevedra, and will finish Sept. 15 in Madrid. Click through for a look at more of the week's most curious images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week