Young Jarl Squad vikings shout as they march through the streets of Lerwick in the Shetland Islands of Scotland on the morning of the Up Helly Aa fire festival. The celebration, introduced by men returning from the Napoleonic Wars of the early 19th century, takes place annually on the last Tuesday of January. Click through for a look at more of the week's most charming images.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
Subscribe to the Week