Young Jarl Squad vikings shout as they march through the streets of Lerwick in the Shetland Islands of Scotland on the morning of the Up Helly Aa fire festival. The celebration, introduced by men returning from the Napoleonic Wars of the early 19th century, takes place annually on the last Tuesday of January. Click through for a look at more of the week's most charming images.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How to save Meet the Press
Subscribe to the Week