Sea captains often spend many long days and nights away from their homes, and some must have felt especially lucky to have such cozy homes to return to — like this Massachusetts abode, which once belonged to master mariner Captain Valentine Pease. Click through for a look at more homes once lived in by sea captains. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week