Sea captains often spend many long days and nights away from their homes, and some must have felt especially lucky to have such cozy homes to return to — like this Massachusetts abode, which once belonged to master mariner Captain Valentine Pease. Click through for a look at more homes once lived in by sea captains. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
Subscribe to the Week