Masha, an 11-year-old bear and one of four in St. Petersburg's Circus on Fontanka, dons a delightful springtime costume during rehearsals. This will be the troupe's first performance in the Russian city in 20 years. Click through for a look at more of the week's most arresting images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week