his four-bedroom home, built in 1800, served as a temporary hospital during the war. The 4.6-acre property includes a two-car garage with a guesthouse and a swimming pool. $1,395,000, Travis Powell, Select Properties of Virginia, (804) 512-2086. Click through for a look at more homes with Civil War history. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week