This four-bedroom home, built in 1800, served as a temporary hospital during the war. The 4.6-acre property includes a two-car garage with a guesthouse and a swimming pool. $1,395,000, Travis Powell, Select Properties of Virginia, (804) 512-2086. Click through for a look at more homes with Civil War history. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week