This four-bedroom home, built in 1800, served as a temporary hospital during the war. The 4.6-acre property includes a two-car garage with a guesthouse and a swimming pool. $1,395,000, Travis Powell, Select Properties of Virginia, (804) 512-2086. Click through for a look at more homes with Civil War history. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: Black Death
Subscribe to the Week