This four-bedroom home, built in 1800, served as a temporary hospital during the war. The 4.6-acre property includes a two-car garage with a guesthouse and a swimming pool. $1,395,000, Travis Powell, Select Properties of Virginia, (804) 512-2086. Click through for a look at more homes with Civil War history. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week