Arlington Plantation was built circa 1830 on a Spanish land grant on the banks of Bayou Teche. The five-bedroom home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. $795,000. Ernesto Caldeira, Dorian Bennett Sotheby’s International Realty, (601) 888-7151. Click through for a look at more charming homes on the bayou. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- How names influence our destinies
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week