Arlington Plantation was built circa 1830 on a Spanish land grant on the banks of Bayou Teche. The five-bedroom home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. $795,000. Ernesto Caldeira, Dorian Bennett Sotheby’s International Realty, (601) 888-7151. Click through for a look at more charming homes on the bayou. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week