Arlington Plantation was built circa 1830 on a Spanish land grant on the banks of Bayou Teche. The five-bedroom home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. $795,000. Ernesto Caldeira, Dorian Bennett Sotheby’s International Realty, (601) 888-7151. Click through for a look at more charming homes on the bayou. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The next pandemic
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week