A visitor next to a fence near the demilitarized zone in Paju, South Korea. The barrier is decorated with ribbons, on which people have written their hopes for peace and reunification of the divided Korean peninsula. Click through for a look at more of the week's most captivating images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
Subscribe to the Week